What data do we collect?
From our website visitors:
- Anonymized usage data generated from your interactions with our website.
For those who sue our retirement services:
- Personally identifiable information (Name, email address, phone number, mailing address, social security number, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You or your employer directly provide CMC with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you or your employer:
- Register online or contract for any of our services.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
How will we use your data?
CMC collects your data so we can:
- Manage your account.
- Provide and maintain our service, including monitoring the usage of our service.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the services you or your employer have purchased.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities of contracted services.
- To manage your customer support requests.
We do not aim any of our services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however our website uses:
- Functionality – CMC uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Marketing – CMC uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device. Our marketing team members use this information to better understand how our services are utilized and how to come up with ways of improving your experience of those services.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may behave unexpectedly as a result.
- Brave - Browser. For more information, visit Brave (Desktop) (Best browser for privacy)
- Brave – Mobile. For more information, visit (iOS), (Android) (Best browser for privacy)
- Google Chrome. For more information, visit Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox. For more information, visit Mozilla Firefox
- Safari – Desktop. For more information, visit Safari (Desktop)
- Safari – Mobile. For more information, visit Safari (Mobile)
- Android – Browser. For more information, visit Android Browser
- Internet Explorer. For more information, visit Internet Explorer
Do Not Track Requests
While some internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and there is no common standard adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators. Therefore, we do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites.
Retention of Your Personal Data
CMC will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally anonymized and aggregated information, retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
How Your Information May Be Shared
We do not sell or rent your privacy information to anyone.
Employee and Vendors
Required for the services you or your employer contract us for (Third Party Administration (TPA), record keeper (RK).
Under certain circumstances, CMC may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal requirements
CMC may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of CMC
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the contracted services
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you or your employer provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach and ensuing notification requirements.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services.
Here is a guide for creating strong passwords also, LastPass and 1Password (there are others) are both good password management systems that help greatly in managing your many long and complex passwords
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices
Your Privacy Rights.
You have the following rights. To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
- Access personal information about you, including confirming whether we are processing your personal information and obtaining access to your personal information
- Request correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request deletion of your personal information
- Request restriction of or object to our processing of your personal information
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information.
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: (212) 402-1850 or (888) 828-1341
Or write to us at: CMC Interactive, LLC, 75 Broad Street, Suite #2200, New York, NY 10004